The Boiler Thermocouple Monitoring System was originally designed to acquire and archive data from thermocouples mounted on boiler tubes. Since the thermocouple data from this system can be input directly into Allen Bradley Control Logix PLCs via EthernetIP communication, mills have also used this system as remote IO to collect thermocouple data from other heat sources.
The standard Boiler Thermocouple Monitoring System consists of a controller and input modules capable of measuring 128 thermocouple sensors, a panel with thermocouple terminal blocks for easy field wiring connections and a stainless steel enclosure to house the system.
- Temperature Measurements up to 1260C
- Standard System has 128 Thermocouple Capacity
- Thermocouple Terminal Blocks for Easy Field Connections
- Remote IO Server for ControlLogix
- Stainless Steel NEMA4X Controller Enclosure
ITM provides turn-key industrial and boiler condition monitoring solutions to customers in the manufacturing, pulp and paper, and energy industries. These solutions include the following:
- The Sootblower Fouling Detection (SFD) System is an ITM proprietary technology for measuring soot buildup along the path of a sootblower in recovery and utility boilers.
- ITM’s Fouling Monitoring System (FMS) is a boiler optimization and preventative maintenance tool that continually monitors levels of ash/soot/slag buildup on platens/tubes of instrumented recovery and power boilers.
- The Clinker Detection (CDS) System is an ITM proprietary technology for measuring both the size and frequency of deposits that impact a utility boiler floor or bed. This technology enables operations personnel to shorten boiler outages, identify fouling problems and optimize soot blower operations.
- The Hopper Ash Level Thermocouple (HALT) System is a preventative maintenance and safety tool that continually monitors the levels of ash within a hopper. As the hopper plugs and the ash levels increase, the thermocouples will become insulated from the boiler heat by the ash. Low temperature readings trigger visual and digital alarms which indicate that the hopper has plugged.
- Our engineers and field service technicians use the Structural Load Monitoring System to turn structures into measurement instruments (load cells). Load outputs from the structural load cells are monitored and published by a real time controller to its local interface or network historians and HMIs.
- The SuperHeater Overheat Protection (SHOP) System is a proprietary technology that helps mitigate the risk of superheater tube failure due to short-term overheat during boiler start-ups.